Pages

* BAND LIST *

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Show Reviews... RJD2



RJD2

Words: Ashley Marie Sansotta

Photos: Ashley Marie Sansotta


Appeared:

Eckerd College

November 10, 2007


I felt like I was high school again when I walked into Eckerd College for the RJD2 show. I was surrounded by a swarm of kids with glow sticks from head to toe, who had them twisted around their heads, wrists, ankles, or wherever else they could cram them. Feeling like the only sober person there, I immediately hit the bar for as many $1.50 pumpkin-spiced beers I could cram down my throat. By the time I was ready, RJD2 was too, and I staked my claim on a quaint little picnic bench by the side of the stage.


I watched as RJ’s mind – and then legs – wandered from his record collection to his turn table. The movie projector behind him flashed random political pictures interrupted by images of his DJ splendor, while some of the Eckerd College kids attempted to crowd-surf. He toyed with his audience with each record choice, smiling and nodding his head to his own beats. Everyone was dancing in their own little world - marching a different beat to the same drum. We all lost ourselves in the music, and it was oh-so nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment